By Naomi, Dr., Ph.D., MSW Farber
"Adolescent being pregnant is a crucial public healthiness factor and this important, well-referenced booklet covers the danger components, child-family results, and preventionÖ.This is a really helpful e-book for social employees and different execs as a unmarried resource of present information regarding adolescent being pregnant and prevention."
This new version of Adolescent Pregnancy comprises every little thing a social employee must recognize to deal with adolescent sexual overall healthiness dangers and the hot upward push in teenager being pregnant premiums. the second one version offers a brand new concentrate on cultural competence, featuring up to the moment study on ethnically various populations.
This variation is going past simply adolescent being pregnant, discussing STI and HIV hazards, in addition to drug and alcohol abuse. different state of the art issues comprise the sexualization of youngsters, secondary prevention, the influence of abstinence-only courses, and controversies over entry to contraception and abortion.
- Guidelines for making a choice on being pregnant threat degrees in young people, and choosing acceptable interventions
- New information regarding STI and HIV/AIDS prevention strategies
- Theories of illegitimacy and teenage being pregnant, and why being pregnant premiums differ between ethnic groups
- Research on being pregnant prevention courses that support either younger women and men steer clear of undesirable being pregnant
- Chapters on adolescent parenting, and secondary prevention between adolescent parents
With this e-book, practitioners offers younger women and men with the instruments they should regain keep watch over in their lives and their sexual overall healthiness. A severely vital learn for social staff, well-being execs, and coverage makers who're considering adolescent pregnancy.
Read or Download Adolescent Pregnancy: Policy and Prevention Services, Second Edition PDF
Best family relationships books
“Dr. Fredrika is a strong, genuine, and honest writer who really cares approximately creating a distinction within the lives of her readers. find out how to Separate and Divorce as a Christian is a useful source in order to support a person who reveals themselves within the demanding transition technique of finishing a covenant dating.
Does it ever suppose like an individual on your relatives drains you dry? Does it consider like it doesn't matter what you do, or how a lot, it's going to by no means be correct or sufficient? even if the individual is your father or mother, baby, wife, or sibling, this useful new consultant by means of Linda S. Budd, PhD, may help to discover how you can holiday the cycle you’re presently in.
How family members can switch your life,and do issues to you that you'd by no means believe,and attempt to ruin you.
Accompagnez efficacement votre enfant dans son développement ! Un bébé s'éveille à chaque rapid, et ses progrès les three premières années sont spectaculaires. Pour se développer au mieux, il a besoin de vous, de votre consciousness, de vos soins et de l'environnement stimulant que vous pourrez lui proposer.
- Postpartum depression and anxiety: A self-help guide for mothers
- Revolutionary Mothering: Love on the Front Lines
- Dangerous Exits: Escaping Abusive Relationships in Rural America (Critical Issues in Crime and Society)
- Two Thousand Minnows: A Young Girl’s Story of Separation, Hope, and Forgiveness
- Ain't Life Grand!: A Treasury for Grandmothers
- The Fatherless Father
Extra info for Adolescent Pregnancy: Policy and Prevention Services, Second Edition
Adolescent Pregnancy: Policy and Prevention Services, Second Edition by Naomi, Dr., Ph.D., MSW Farber